Friday, December 9, 2016

The Werewolf Files- Every Full Moon

     After finding out what had bitten me and discovering it was in my blood, I panicked for a bit and had to get myself together. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do but I needed to calm down. I grabbed a cup of coffee and put some clothes on. I sat at my desk and started doing research on this strange phenomena and found that I would myself turn into this werewolf on every full moon. I thought that a little crazy and kept researching. I found pictures people have taken over the centuries on these strange beasts and quite frankly I became a little scared. I read articles of how these wolves were hunted because of numerous killings and murders. I did not want to be hunted so I needed to try and find out what I could do.
     Now that I knew what was happening to me it explained a lot of the things I was noticing that were different, like the heightened sense of smell, the pure vision, and of course waking up in the wolf habitat. All I knew was that I needed to get this under control until I figured out what to do next. I knew I needed more information so I got up and headed for the library to see what books they had on werewolves. Once there, all I could find were horror stories involving werewolves. I finally went into the mythological section where I found books about the histories of werewolves, their habits, and their demise. I checked out a few books to take home to read up on the wonderful world of being a werewolf.
     First, I headed back to work to finish out the day. Once I got there, my assistant had already made all the rounds getting fecal and blood samples for me to analyze. I spent the rest of the day testing all of the samples and logging the information into the books. Everyone started leaving around six o'clock but I stayed because I wanted to go around myself and say goodnight to all my animals since I didn't get to see them this morning, except when I was waking up in the wolf habitat. As I got close to any of the animal habitats it was as if I was a monster or intruder to them. The animals were acting up and going crazy growling at me showing their teeth.
     As I got near the wolf habitat they reacted in the same way for a few minutes before finally calming down and realizing who I was. I walked over to their fence line and reached my hand inside. All of them came over and smelled my hand before licking on it. It looked like they were happy to see me. I began talking to them while they licked my hand asking them questions about that other wolf inside their habitat. I knew they would not answer me but it was comforting to know that I had someone to talk too about the situation. You know, voice my emotions and frustrations about the whole wolf thing. Then I told each one goodnight before leaving to close up the office.
     I walked back to my lonely office and gathered my things and locked up for the night. On the drive home, I found myself constantly looking up at the bright moon in the sky. I wondered what my life would be like now that I'm a werewolf. It's not like I get many dates now as it is, this is just an added benefit I guess. I looked over into the passenger seat and saw the stack of library books and realized my night was going to be a long one. I patted my hand on the stack of books and made the comment "I have a date with you fellas tonight".
     Once I got home I carried the stack of books into my dining room setting them on the table, I walked into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee and grabbed a snack from the fridge. While the coffee was brewing I walked over and tapped the playback button on my voicemail and listened to the many voice mails of the day that were on it. After a few messages, there was one from my mother who only wishes I would find a man, get married, and give her some grandchildren. I was not that interested in what she wanted right now, I have more important things to deal with.
     Once the coffee was ready, I grabbed a cup and sat down at the dining room table and started looking through books. I started at the beginning as to what a werewolf was and how it was created. I found some pretty cool information about the werewolf that the movies never tell you, like how they first originated. I found that a werewolf was a mutant creation between a dog and a wolf. Yet somehow some scientist added some human DNA and genetically transformed the mutant so that it could also infect a human and the DNA could survive and mutate. My only question would be why he would want to cross a human with a dog anyway. So there you have it as to how a werewolf happened to be a creature and not just a myth.
     After sitting at the table and a whole pot of coffee later, I looked up and saw that it was three o'clock in the morning and I had to get some sleep so that I could get up in a few hours to make it to work. I placed a marker where I was leaving off in the book and closed it. I got up, turned off all the lights and headed for bed. I figured I would shower in the morning when I got up, so I climbed into my pajamas and then into my nice soft bed. There would be another day of research for me tomorrow.
     A few hours later when the alarm was ringing off my nightstand, I climbed out of bed and headed for the shower. It felt so good being under the hot water that it woke me up and got me clean too. Once out of the shower, I got another pot of coffee started to wake up with and made a quick breakfast of eggs and toast. While I sat down eating my breakfast I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of the book in front of me. I then hurried to eat and got my stuff ready for work and grabbed the book for some lunch time reading and headed out the door.
     Once I made it to work I placed the book inside my desk drawer so no one would see it and headed off to do my rounds. I had noticed that my hand wasn't hurting anymore while I was walking around to the different habitats. I stopped to see all my babies in their habitats and left the wolf habitat for last. Once I was at the wolf habitat, I spent more time with the wolves and reassured them I was still me regardless of the situation. After taking care of them and giving them a little affection I headed back to my office
     Everyone went to lunch about eleven thirty and it gave me some time to sit and read some more of the werewolf book. I found it rather interesting to learn about a creature I thought was just a myth to be a real creature of man's doing. I kept reading more and more on how this creature was created and why the moon had any effect on it. It seemed that when the moon is full, the earth's magnetic field became stronger which caused the DNA of a werewolf to change. It basically pulled the beast out of the human.
     While still reading the book, my assistant walked in the door and I hurried and put the book back in the drawer. It was time to resume the testing on samples but I could not get the things I read out of my head. I became drawn to the book like it was my life's blood. The day just seemed to creep on and last forever until it was finally six o'clock in the evening and everyone was gone already. I grabbed my stuff and the book from the drawer and closed up the office. I went out of the gate and got into my car knowing that there was going to be another long night ahead of me.
       Once home I did the same ritual as the night before and that was starting a pot of coffee and grabbing a snack before sitting at the dining room table and researching more. I was also writing in my werewolf journal about my days and nights since waking that morning in the zoo naked. Once I was ready and had everything I needed I sat down and began reading and making notes. I was enthralled by the traits of a werewolf and how they lived, what they ate, and just their behavior as a whole. I know it was late and my eyes were drowsy when I noticed the time and it was that time that I needed to go to bed before starting the next chapter of the book which is what werewolves eat, so I will head to bed and begin another day. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment